WDHA is looking for Jersey's 12 most rockin' canines to represent the station in our 2018 Ultimate Rock Dogs Charity Calendar and one lucky dog will be named our ULTIMATE ROCK DOG, grabbing the calendar cover as well as some awesome prizes and rock star treatment from The Rock of New Jersey.
Our esteemed panel of electors will select our Ultimate Rock Dog at Eleventh Hour Rescue's Puptoberfest happening on Saturday, September 16th at Horseshoe Lake in Succasunna.
Congratulations King Louie, the WDHA Ultimate Rock Dog 2017!
How does your dog get elected as Top Dog?
From now until August 28th at 12 noon, you can upload a picture of your dog for the contest right here on WDHAFM.com. Please note that your photo MUST BE LESS THAN 1 MB IN SIZE to load.
After you submit, sit back, relax, and dream about how you'll make America ruff again. Our tech gurus will be going through the entries and posting them to WDHAFM.com in the order they are received.
At 12 noon on August 28th you can start exercising your right to vote for who you think should be our Ultimate Rock Dog! Invite your friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, everyone to vote as much as they can for your dog.
TC will announce the top 12 dogs during the All Request Lunch Hour on Monday, September 11th and all 12 finalists will take part in our Ultimate Rock Dogs Finale at Puptoberfest on September 16th!
Enter now and good luck!
* One entry per dog. Only one dog per photo.
Previous Ultimate Rock Dogs are ineligible for this contest.
To be eligible to be in the calendar and to win, listeners MUST attend Puptoberfest on September 16th.
ULTIMATE ROCK DOG CONTEST RULES
These rules apply to WDHA Ultimate Rock Dog Contest (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, Inc. d/b/a WDHA-FM (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules attached hereto and posted at WDHAFM.com apply to this Contest. If there is a conflict between the General Contest Rules and the Rules for this Contest, the Rules for this Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY
a. The Ultimate Rock Dog Contest will begin Monday August 14th at Midnight and end Saturday September 16th around 2 PM EST.
b. To participate in the Contest, individuals must enter via the following method: Individuals must go to the Ultimate Rock Dogs contest page on WDHAFM.com, complete and submit the online entry form along with a picture of your god along with the dog’s name, breed, hometown, and a brief description on why s/he rocks. All pictures must be submitted in digital form in JPEG or GIF format. No hard copies or email will be accepted. By submitting the photo, entrants authorize WDHA to post the photo online at WDHFM.com and use the photo for contest promotional purposes. Only owners may enter their dog. Only one entry per dog is permitted. All photos must be in good taste, WDHA reserves the right ot disqualify entries in its sole discretion. All entries must be received by Monday August 28th at 11:59 AM EST.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
a. This Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Contest, who are legal US residents and reside in the greater Morristown, NJ area, except void where prohibited by law. Contestants must possess a valid, government-issued ID. Winner must show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
b. All previous grand prize winners (Previous “Ultimate Rock Dogs”) are ineligible for the contest.
c. One submission per dog. Multiple dogs can be included in a submission.
a. One grand prize winner will be selected as WDHA’s Ultimate Rock Dog at Puptoberfest 2017 (“Prize”). This grand prize winner will get their picture of the cover of the Ultimate Rock Dog charity calendar.
b. Eleven (11) runner ups will receive their picture(s) featured in a month of the Ultimate Rock Dog calendar.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
a. Beginning on or about 12 Noon on August 28th until 12 Noon on September 11th, 2017, the photos of all the dogs submitted will be posted online on the contest page on WDHAFM.com. During the voting period, individuals will be able to vote for which dog they feel should be a finalist in the contest.
b. At the conclusion of the voting period, the 12 Rock Dog finalists will be selected by WDHA – FM, in its sole and absolute discretion. WDHAFFM will take the voting into account when selecting the winners.
c. The 12 winners must be present between 12 Noon and 2 PM at WDHA and Eleventh Hour Rescue’s Puptoberfest on Saturday September 16th to compete in the Ultimate Rock Dogs competition.. If the winner(s) cannot be present at the event, an alternate winner will be selected.
d. The twelve finalists who compete at Puptoberfest will be judged by a panel on their friendliness, connection to owner, and “rockability”
c. Decisions of station management with respect to the contest are final.
a. Each submitted entry photo must be property of the entrant and must not contain copyrighted materials or any other materials that my be restricted, prohibited, or outlawed by federal, state, or local laws.
b. See Attachment A “General Contest Rules” for additional conditions.
c. The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and by publication at www.WDHAFM.com.
e. Copies of the written contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, 55 Horsehill Road, Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.
BEASLEY MEDIA GROUP, INC.
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
These rules apply to all contests conducted by Beasley Media Group, Inc.’s radio stations. Station specific contests will have their own specific rules which will be set forth in contest rules for that particular contest and will be available at the Station studio and on the Station’s website. If there is a conflict between these General Contest Rules and the Rules for a specific Contest, the Rules for the specific Contest shall control.
1- HOW TO ENTER AND PLAY
a. Unless otherwise noted, one entry per person will be accepted. In the event multiple entries are allowed, each entry must be submitted individually. Mechanically reproduced or software generated entries of any kind will not be accepted. Any materials submitted become the property of Station and will not be returned.
2- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
a. Unless otherwise specified, contests are open to all listeners who are 21 years of age or older and who reside in the service area of station. Contestants must possess a valid, government-issued ID. Winner must show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
b. Employees of Station, its licensee, its parent corporation and their affiliated entities, advertising and PR agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other radio stations in the service area of the station and the members of their immediate families are ineligible to participate or win.
c. Unless otherwise specified, Listeners are eligible to win Beasley Media Group contests only once every sixty (60) days and a prize valued at $600 or more, only once every six months. Only one winner per household (whether related or not) is permitted in any contest.
a. Unless otherwise specified by the Station, all prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station conducting the contest Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. Failure to claim prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize.
b. Unless otherwise permitted by the Station, winner(s) must claim his or her Prize in person, and a Prize cannot be claimed by third parties on behalf of the winner. If a contest is open to entrants under the age of 18 and a winner is under the age of 18, a parent or legal guardian must claim the Prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in the official rules of the contest.
c. In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its arrival. The Station is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate.
d. Prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash.
4- SELECTION OF WINNERS
a. Contest winners will be selected and notified of their prize in the manner announced by the Station.
b. Unless otherwise specified, if the winner(s) cannot be contacted within 24 hours after the prize is awarded, an alternate winner may be selected at the Station’s discretion. Unless otherwise specified, winners who fail to respond within 24 hours of prize notification are deemed to be waiving their prize claim and the prize will be forfeited.
c. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received or the relative performance of each contestant.
a. WARNING: Online listeners to streamed broadcasts may experience a lag in transmissions.
b. Taxes and Liability: Payment of all federal, state and local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Contest winnings will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service and winners can expect to receive a 1099 tax form for prizes which total more than $600 for the calendar year. Winners may be required to accurately complete and submit IRS Form W-9 to the Station as a condition of acceptance of a prize.
c. By participating in the contest, contestant agrees to have his or her name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation.
d. By participating in the contest, contestants hereby releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation and each of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advertising and PR agencies, sponsors, advertisers, promotional partners, agents, representatives, and their successors and assigns, and all others connected with them and the contest (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, claims, actions and damages sustained or incurred by participation in the contest and the receipt and use of any prize awarded (if any) through such contest arising in any manner whatsoever.
e. Contest winners (and their guests or travel companions, if any) may be required in the Station’s sole discretion, to sign a liability release and a publicity release. A winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if under the age of 18 years) must execute and return any required release within five (5) business days from notification or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. An alternate winner may be chosen by random selection. Pursuant to the liability release, the winners will agree to hold the Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest. Any contestant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if applicable) who refuses to sign any required release will forfeit any and all prizes.
f. The Station will be excused from its obligation to conduct the contest if its performance is delayed or prevented due to causes beyond its control, including, but not limited to acts of God, public enemies, war, civil disorder, fire, flood, hurricanes, explosion, labor disputes or strikes, and any acts by any governmental authority.
g. The Station, its licensee, affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporation, sponsors, advertisers and promotional partners, and their assigns and successors are not responsible for failure to conduct or for alterations to the contest due to circumstances beyond the control of any such entity.
h. Decisions of Station management with respect to the contest are final.
i. The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air or publication on the Station website.
j. The Station reserves the right to make changes to the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater value, which will become effective upon announcement.
k. The Station is not responsible for any prizes or certificates lost or stolen after the winner has claimed them from the Station.
l. Prizes are awarded ‘as is’ with no guarantees or warranties as to use. Acceptance of a prize releases the Station, its sponsors, promotional partners and advertisers from all liability and claims concerning the prize, its delivery, and its use.
m. The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of a prize. The Station is not responsible for (i) lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (ii) telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, facsimile transmission errors, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call or from sending a text message (if applicable, message and data rates may apply, and the Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for this method of entry); (iii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technical difficulties.
n. By participating in this contest, contestants agree to be bound by these rules. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of the Station.
o. Contestants are required to provide truthful information as part of their entry and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from contestants who do not meet the eligibility requirements and the Station will also delete any online entry if it learns that it was submitted by any contestants under the age of 13.
p. No purchase is necessary. The contest is void where prohibited. Contests and promotions are subject to all federal, state and local laws.
r. Copies of the written contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.
- The Station is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches.
- Contest participants using the Internet must provide a valid email address.
- The Station and sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions whether caused by the Station, users, by any equipment or programming utilized in promotions, games or contests, or by human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, which may limit a participant’s ability to participate.
- The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of game or contest. The Station, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. All Internet participants agree to be bound by the specific contest rules, and the General Contest Rules appearing above.
- To enter online, you must enter your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, home telephone number and a valid email address in the online entry form. One Internet entry per person and one Internet entry per email address. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible by assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the Station website or who is otherwise in violation of the rules. The Station further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort.
WHEN INTERNET CONTEST INVOLVES VOTING
- Entrants may not attempt to obtain votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, by: (a) circumventing (or encouraging others to circumvent) any vote limits; (b) using any automated system to vote; (c) offering any inducements to others in exchange for votes; or (d) using proxy voting schemes in which anyone other than the actual person submits the vote. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to reject any votes that the Station has reason to believe were obtained through fraudulent or inappropriate means.
FOR ENTRIES THAT INCLUDE SUBMITTING A PHOTO AND/OR VIDEO
- Profanity or nudity is not permitted in photo and/or video entries. The Station, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify and/or destroy any entry if or when it is discovered that such entry contains infringing, illegal, indecent or otherwise offensive material or if such entry contains material whose content is deemed at the sole discretion of the Station to be unsuitable for public viewing, performance or posting via the Internet.
- Each contestant’s photo and/or video entry must be his/her original creative work and/or property and must not contain copyrighted materials or any other materials, which may be restricted, prohibited, or outlawed by Federal, state or local laws. Contestants are required to obtain a written release from all individuals appearing in the photo and/or video which grants, the right to use their name, likeness and recorded voice and the right to post the video on the Station’s website for the general public to view. Each contestant agrees to hold the Station(s), Beasley Media Group, Inc., its parent companies, its subsidiaries, their affiliated entities, and their respective shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, employees, and all of their successors and assigns harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize and/or contest, including but not limited to an infringement or alleged infringement of any intellectual property, publicity or privacy right, or violation of any law or regulation, involving the photo and/or video entry.
FOR CONTESTS PROMOTED ON STATION FACEBOOK PAGE
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By submission of an entry, a contestant releases Facebook from any responsibility or liability of the Contest’s administration, prizes or promotion. Contestants are providing entry information to the Station and not to Facebook.
For CONTESTS PROMOTED ON Instagram
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. By submission of an entry, a contestant releases Instagram from any responsibility related to the Contest.
For CONTESTS PROMOTED ON STATION Twitter Profile
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Twitter. By submission of an entry, contestant release Twitter from any responsibility related to the Contest.