An Arizona man who tried to take coronavirus treatment matters into his own hands has died. He ingested chloroquine phosphate, thinking that it would protect him from coronavirus. His wife did the same, and she is currently under critical care.
According to NBC News, “The toxic ingredient they consumed was not the medication form of chloroquine, used to treat malaria in humans. Instead, it was an ingredient listed on a parasite treatment for fish.”
The pair mixed the substance in a liquid, drank it, and became ill about twenty minutes later. The woman and her husband, who wishes to remain anonymous, are in their 60s.