Why National Parents’ Day Is Important And How To Celebrate
We’ve done Mother’s Day. Last month Dads got their special day. Now, this Sunday, July 23rd, it’s National Parents’ Day! You might be thinking – do we really need all these celebrations?
Well, let’s think about it for a moment. Most of us were raised by our parents who did their best to instill values and help us learn and grow, provided a roof over our heads,s and more.
So, it could be nice, if you’re lucky enough to still have one or both of your parents around, to tell them how much you appreciate them!
This day is a day to show or tell our parents how much we appreciate all they’ve done for us throughout the years. This holiday encourages us to spend a little time with our parents to strengthen our bonds and show our appreciation and love.
Looking for some ideas on how you can celebrate the day? Check out some of these ideas from the holiday calendar website!
- WRITE A LETTER: Take some time to pen some words to Mom and Dad and let them know how thankful you are for all they’ve done for you. Express your appreciation and let them know you care about them.
- CREATE A PHOTO ALBUM: You could use a service to do this digitally or you could go old school and get a blank album and fill it with some pictures collected throughout the years. Write some captions or notes to make it extra special.
- MAKE A VIDEO: Capture some messages from you and other loved ones saying some nice things about your parents. Edit it together and send it off to make your parents all warm and fuzzy lol.
- GO OUT FOR DINNER: Give your parents a night off from cooking and cleaning up. Take them out to their favorite restaurant.
- SPEND QUALITY TIME: If you can visit – stop by Mom and Dad’s and just sit and talk. Let them know you care and are thankful for them. A half-hour visit could mean the world to them!