WDHA’s 2-Minute Drill – Jim & Chris At Odds Over Sunday’s Game
Two of the best teams in the National Football League meet up this Sunday at Super Bowl LVIII in the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers.
Though there’s been some roster turnover since then, these two teams are very familiar with each other having faced off in the Super Bowl just four years ago.
This year’s matchup features two strong teams, two of the best head coaches in pro football, the top quarterback in the league with one of the best tight ends in the history of the league to throw to.
But the son of a former New York Giant may, in fact, be the one to determine who wins the game.
Jim Monaghan and Chris Swendeman are at odds with each other on a couple of key factors.
WDHA’s 2-Minute Drill
Why Jim picks San Francisco
- Andy Reid may be a better head coach than Kyle Shanahan but if San Francisco loses it won’t be because Shanahan is outcoached.
- San Francisco’s defense is better than KC’s.
- Christian McCaffrey (his dad Ed played for the Giants) is a game-changing player.
“McCaffrey is an absolute stud” who will be able to change the direction of the game. If the 49ers can really get him going, they win.”
For a league that is clearly quarterback-driven, it may be well be a running back who dominates the action.
Why Chris picks Kansas City
- Reid is simply a better coach than Kyle Shanahan.
- Patrick Mahomes is a better quarterback than Brock Purdy.
“To be the champ, you have to beat the champ” and that’s what the 49ers face. As we have gotten deeper into the playoffs, Mahomes is really hitting his stride.
They simply have a star-studded team that is primed to win.
Big stage, and VERY bright lights. Kansas City is the choice here.