National Napping Day: 5 Reasons You Should Nap
There’s just something that feels so good about taking a midday nap, especially today (March 15) because it’s National Napping Day.
According to sleep specialists, taking a nap can actually improve your health. Here are some reasons why catching some midday zzz’s is good for you.
- It can charge your brain’s batteries – a short power nap can reset your brain and make you more alert for the second part of your day.
- You’ll have lower risk for heart problems.
- It might even help you get into shape – a study found that sleep-deprived people are more likely to overeat sugar and fatty foods. So taking a short nap will help increase the amount of sleep you’re getting and take away the urge for unhealthy foods.
- Boost your creativity – Researchers say that taking a nap can boost the right side of your brain, which is the creative side.
- Daylight Savings Time – This is the actually reason for National Napping Day since losing an hour of sleep this past weekend. We all might be dragging a little bit for the first few days after springing forward.